Reregister option

Have an idea? Let us know here and we'll do our best to implement it.

Reregister option

Postby eline » 03 Dec 2012, 09:47

I would like to have option to second, try try to register in wikis when regisetration fail. I know J can do this by sorting out websites and use context menu, but button "register in failed" its 3 minute work ;)
eline

Re: Reregister option

Postby vision2003 » 03 Dec 2012, 12:21

Hi eline,

Yes, that's already been done in the latest version that will be released today or tomorrow. You can set number of retries for every action (registration, email confirmation, posting, link verification, dead site removal, PR checking and Do-Follow checking). We went a step further and introduced a delay setting (from 0 to 120 seconds) for each of those retry settings.
vision2003
WikiRobot Team

Postby eline » 03 Dec 2012, 12:40

Great ;) So I have to wait for new version ;)
Any way - I check log, do You think its possible to add a option to table with return codes? Like 404|301|captcha|usnuported type|etc - so we know what we have in our list? So you do this as a type of logging. Now database od WR in my case (one project, second tryout of registration) its 1,5 GB. Its quite large, I know its logs - but mych better will by to have just few columns more to get info what was happens ;)
eline

Postby vision2003 » 03 Dec 2012, 19:38

eline wrote:Great ;) So I have to wait for new version ;)
Any way - I check log, do You think its possible to add a option to table with return codes? Like 404|301|captcha|usnuported type|etc - so we know what we have in our list? So you do this as a type of logging. Now database od WR in my case (one project, second tryout of registration) its 1,5 GB. Its quite large, I know its logs - but mych better will by to have just few columns more to get info what was happens ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. I assume you're talking about an extra column in sites display list. I think we could do it, but I'll have to check with the dev team.

p.s. - 1.5GB is a quite large database that could slow down the operation of WikiRobot. I suggest using "Delete Logs" and then "Compact Database". I also suggest you use "Log all actions" instead of "Log all actions and responses" in Options/Logging since that option will still show you the status (what went wrong or right) but it won't log server response (the html code) which will result in a much smaller database. Generally you should use "Log all actions and response" only when you absolutely must know what (html) server returned during operation.
vision2003
WikiRobot Team

Return to Feature Requests